Braiding is an ancient technique that seems to have originated in Africa. Even in contemporary times, it is a great hairstyle that is considered to be trendy and makes you look very neat. Though it is not very easy to braid, it looks great on almost everyone. The most common type of braid is the three strand braid which is also the easiest to make. Other forms of braids include the four strand braid, the five strand braid and the number goes up to twelve strand braids and so on. It generally takes around fifteen minutes to make a braid, but you can easily make a braid in lesser time with lots of practice.
Mini braids are a particular type of braids that were started by the people of African descent. As their name suggests, these braids are tiny three stranded braids. A major difference between mini braids and regular three stranded braids is that mini braids are done on very thin strands of hair, which is what makes them ‘mini’. These braids have become a rage among teenagers who can be spotted sporting this hairdo to look trendy and in vogue.
Steps to make Mini Braids
- Firstly, the hair has to be parted at the center.
- Now, the hair has to be combed to remove all tangles.
- Then, a tiny section of hair at the side has to be divided. Remember to comb it as flat to the head as you can.
- The section now has to be divided into three equal strands.
- Now, hold these strands apart.
- Next, you have to make a mini braid which can be done by braiding in the normal way, that is, the right section has to be crossed over the middle section so that the original right section becomes the middle section and then the left section has to be crossed over the middle section so that the original left section becomes the middle section and so on.
- Braiding has to be continued till the end is reached.
- The end has to be secured with a covered band.
- Similar braids like this one have to be made all over the hair.
This braiding technique is rather time-consuming, as it has to be done all over the hair. It is not very difficult to do; the time taken lessons with practice.